Derby Branch Committee Functions
- The work of the committee is to ensure we run the branch in an efficient, legitimate manner for the benefit of all those with Parkinson’s and their carers in the Derby area, and to operate in accordance within the standards and guidelines set by Parkinson’s UK.
- We ensure everyone has access to information they need with regard to Parkinson’s and have phone numbers for the professionals they may need to help them on their journey. At present we have approximately 220 members.
- We organise our monthly meetings which are held at the Aston Court Hotel on the first Tuesday of the month, and at the Quad on the first Saturday of the month for those of working age.
- We discuss the financial situation at each meeting.
- We bring forward any relevant information we have received either from Head Office or the region.
- We organise fundraising events.
- The committee meets together once a month to review performance and discuss our way forward each month.
The present committee consists of:
Ann Pitt Sheena Dearle
IMPORTANT: We are always looking for people who have specific skills who can help us to run the group. If you would like to become involved then please talk to one of the committee and we would be pleased to talk to you about it.